Regular Dental Exams are a Key to Good Oral Health
Regular dental exams are a crucial part of keeping your teeth and gums healthy. The York Mills Family Dentistry team tracks your dental progress carefully to keep your mouth healthy and prevent the development of serious health issues.
Effective regular dental exams will include:
- Oral Cancer Screening: checking the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for signs of oral cancer
- Diagnostic x-rays: X-rays enable the detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss, as well as identifying tooth and root positions.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: The gums and bones around the teeth are checked for signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of Tooth Decay: Your dentist will check your tooth surfaces for signs of decay.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: All current fillings, crowns, etc. will be checked to ensure they do not need to be repaired or replaced.
Dental Exams In York Mills
Make an appointment to visit York Mills Family Dentistry today.
How Often Should You Get A Dental Exam In North York
Everyone should visit their dentist for a semi-annual dental exam. Speak to our dentists about scheduling you and your family for a dental exam every 6 months.
What Happens During A Dental Exam In North York?
During your visit to the dentist for a dental exam, your dentist or oral health specialist will clean your teeth and check for cavities, gum disease, and other oral health issues. During a dental exam, your risk of developing oral health issues are evaluated and some procedures include dental X-rays, and flossing, and polish.
How To Cancel A Dental Exam
To cancel your scheduled dental exam, give our dental office a call at (416) 445-6000